CAUTION : ADVERTISING INFORMATIONS ! ATTENTION : INFORMATIONS COMMERCIALES ! >>> Source: OZONE <CLICK>
03/2007 OZONE BUZZ Z
Buzz Z – The Solid Intermediate
Advanced profiling for efficient glide performance in active air
Light and clean sail design for easy launching and in-flight agility
Balanced sail tension for stability in active air and moderated glider feedback
6 sizes enable you to choose the section of the weight range you want to fly in, and ensures you have a wing that is tailored to your size!
DHV 1-2 / EN B (Expected) Certification
The Buzz Z is a solid mid-range DHV 1-2 glider with the perfect balance between performance, fun, and safety for pilots who fly less than 50 hours per year.
Stability and comfort in active air is what sets the Buzz Z apart from the competition, and DHV 1-2 pilots can fly this glider with confidence in a wide variety of conditions. The direct handling and agile turn of the Buzz Z make it an ideal thermalling and XC glider for DHV 1-2 pilots who want to fly XC in real XC conditions, with comfort and confidence in their wing.
The Concept: A Better Buzz…
We love the Buzz. It has been one of the more popular wings we have produced, and after more than two years it is still a favourite in the DHV 1-2 category. The Buzz Z fits into the same category: the exact middle of the 1-2 range, with improved performance and a few subtle differences tailored to suit a wider range of pilots.
- 6 sizes! We have reduced the weight range of each wing, in order to make it easier for you to find the right size. This has reduced the size difference between wings to just 1.7m2 instead of nearly 2.5m2. This is a major improvement that will be particularly appreciated by pilots who have been ‘between’ ideal weight ranges in the past.
- The cell openings have been reduced, and their positioning optimised. This is to increase glide performance, but is also an important factor in low speed flight- another result of this improvement is improved low speed flying characteristics, ideal for circumstances such as top-landing.
- New profile. While we wanted to maintain the stability and comfort of the Buzz profile, our testing in the past year has led to new advances in profile development, and the new profile of the Buzz Z yields more glide performance and is more forgiving in deep brakes. The new profile has also improved the launching characteristics, and made the wing more spin resistant, with a more progressive feel to the brakes. The handling is more direct and the feeling is that the glider reacts to the pilots input, in exact amounts: you ‘get what you give’, when flying the Buzz Z.
- More cells. With 3 more across the span, the top sail is a little cleaner and the cell arrangement is more balanced, improving airflow at the wingtip. This has produced a straight forward aerodynamic improvement with no sacrifice in safety.
- One center cell instead of two. This has reduced the span between the center lines, improving the comfort in flight and moderating the glider’s feedback. Comfort = performance.
- New diagonals. The Buzz Z features partial diagonals, which improve many aspects of the wing without increasing weight, keeping the sail light and clean, which translates directly into better handling and pitch characteristics.
- New line arrangement, and internal structure. Thanks to the new diagonal design, we have reduced the line attachment points and the overall line amount by 47m. This is another ‘free’ performance increase, with no sacrifice in safety or comfort.
- Smoother Arc. A balanced and more constant arc has allowed for a slightly increased projected aspect ratio.
- Materials. The new Porcher Skytex 45 Evolution has reduced the canopy weight, leading to countless advantages over the heavier Gelvenor cloth. The lighter Buzz Z inflates better, has crisper / lighter handling, and better passive safety. The Skytex cloth has proven to have better long term mechanical characteristics compared to the Gelvenor as well, meaning that the Buzz Z will last for hundreds of hours when properly cared for.
What Hasn’t Changed
- Aspect Ratio and Planform. The flat AR of 5.1 has proven to provide an excellent balance of performance and handling.
- Sail Tension. Based on the same concept as the Buzz, the sail tension of the Buzz Z provides the great feeling of elasticity in the brakes, the long and progressive brake range, and its unmatched in-flight comfort in turbulent air.
Texts under author's responsibility ! Textes sous la responsabilité de leurs auteurs !